What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin, custom-designed shells that adhere to the front of your teeth.
They’re a powerful cosmetic solution truly customized to you by covering up imperfections and dramatically transforming your smile.
Veneers are a popular choice with your favorite celebrities for their picture-perfect results.
Learn more from Dr. Justin Griffin, your award-winning cosmetic-dentist in Columbia, SC.
Can't see video? Watch on YouTube.
How We Craft Your Custom Veneers
This first meet and greet is our chance to really get to know each other.
We’ll discuss your smile goals in detail and make a custom plan to get you there. Dr. Griffin will take a close look at your smile and take you to our studio to do a full photoshoot.
You’ll get a chance to test-drive your new smile.
After your first appointment, our lab team will create a wax sculpture to show you exactly what your new smile will look like. You’ll also get a set of temporary veneers to try out for a few weeks while we wait for your permanent ones to come back from the lab.
It’s time to place your permanent, gorgeously designed veneers.
At your final appointment, we remove the temporary veneers, numb and prep your teeth, and artistically place your final set. You’ll walk out the door with an incredible new smile!
REAL Patient Results
Meet Dr. Justin Griffin
My personal mission is to help people smile more on the outside and on the inside.
Getting porcelain veneers isn’t your average dental procedure. It requires a level of skill, expertise, and artistry that few dentists have. Veneers are a significant investment for some, so it’s critical to choose a dentist you can trust to deliver.
Dr. Justin Griffin is a true master at cosmetic dentistry, known for his highly personalized approach and exceptional results.
Patients regularly travel from out of town (sometimes out of state!) to seek his care.
With over 15 years of experience and hundreds of proven results from happy patients, Dr. Griffin is a smile artist you can trust.
See More Results on Instagram
Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of porcelain veneers do you offer? Along with our porcelain veneers, we also place prepless veneers. Prepless veneers are a more conservative approach (made with materials similar to regular porcelain ones) to cosmetic dentistry because less tooth enamel is removed. They are an excellent option for subtle changes with your smile. Talk to Dr. Griffin to determine which type of veneers are right for you.
- How long do porcelain veneers last? Depending on how well you take care of your smile (regular brushing and flossing with 6-month check-ups), porcelain veneers have a life expectancy of 7-20 years. Porcelain veneers are durable and reliable similar to the strength of natural teeth. If your veneers are in need of a repair, do not hesitate to contact Dr. Griffin to get them fixed! Your smile is on the line.
- Will my dental insurance cover porcelain veneers? It all depends on your coverage. Usually, dental insurance does not cover cosmetic dentistry procedures; however, we do offer third-party financing for those who qualify. CareCredit … Opens in a new window… is an excellent source to help finance your porcelain veneers without the burden of upfront costs. Talk to our team today to see how we can work within your budget!
- Will porcelain veneers make my teeth more prone to cavities? Nope! Veneers are more impervious to decay. This means more resistant, yet not indestructible (#StillDontChewOnIce #PleaseTakeCareOfYourSmile)! However, it is crucial you maintain normal hygiene practices (brushing and flossing) to ensure your porcelain veneers and natural teeth stay healthy and last for a long time.
- Will porcelain veneers stain similar to natural teeth?
While natural teeth are more prone to staining from beverages, such as tea, coffee, and red wine, porcelain veneers should never stain because of their durable material!
However, we do suggest to avoid or minimize the use of staining beverages and foods to ensure your smile looks natural and consistent. Again, we emphasize that regular hygiene practices and maintenance are crucial to ensure your porcelain veneers and your natural teeth last and remain the same color.
- What should I consider when choosing a dentist to place porcelain veneers? The key to choosing the right cosmetic dentist is their credentials and experience. Look for membership in the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry … Opens in a new window… (AACD) and ask to see porcelain veneer “before-and-after” pictures during your initial consultation.
Dr. Griffin is a sustaining member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) and even has advanced training in other advanced dental procedures, such as dental implants. He’s been creating beautiful smiles and changing lives for Columbia for over 15 years.
The secret to his success is ensuring he creates a pleasant and fun dental experience for every patient while they’re receiving life-changing dentistry.
Dr. Griffin’s reputation proceeds throughout the community where people out of town and out of the state travel to his office to experience this caliber of care. We invite you to check out our Smile Gallery to see the smiles we’ve changed. Imagine the possibilities for your smile!
Don’t Stop Learning
We’re so passionate about changing lives with porcelain veneers and cosmetic dentistry, we even blog about it! (Yep, we’re nerds.)
Here are a few good reads to check out:
Are Veneers Right For Me?
How to Improve Your Smile (Different Smile Styles You Can Choose From)
What Are Prepless Veneers?
Invest in Yourself
Take the next step towards the smile and confidence you deserve.
Schedule a FREE consultation with Dr. Justin Griffin.