Dental Implants in Columbia, SC
We can restore what you’ve been missing – your smile and confidence!
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are one of the best solutions for replacing missing teeth. Why? They are permanent, durable, beautiful, and feel like your natural teeth.
How do dental implants work? It consists of three parts:
Why Our Patients Are Choosing Dental Implants
Here are some of the benefits our patients want that only dental implants can provide.
Why Choose Dr. Griffin for Your Dental Implants in Columbia, SC?
Dr. Griffin does the surgical implant placement and creates the crown restoration all under one roof, which means he has control of your procedure from start to finish. Precise placement and fabulous looks are the results!
Plus, you have the convenience of having all your work done in one place. Finally, you no longer need to bounce around to other offices and you’ll be cared for by a team you already know and trust!
Our dental implant expert’s training includes:
‘‘I must say this is the best experience I've ever had with a dentist and his staff. Everyone was so polite and professional. It’s so nice to be a patient at a practice where they make you feel so comfortable and welcome. Thanks for such a great experience, Dr. Griffin and staff!!!’’
– Court J. (5-Star Google Review)
FAQs About Our Dental Implants in Columbia, SC
- Do I have to be sedated to get dental implants? No, you don’t. 90% of the implants we place at WildeWood Aesthetic Dentistry are done with local anesthetic only. The discomfort level of implant placement is no more than you’d experience with a crown placement. If you are someone who experiences dental anxiety, then we can use sedation dentistry to keep you unaware and relaxed during your procedure. Your comfort is our number one priority!
- Are dental implants painful?
No more than any other dental work! During the procedure, you will be either sedated or anesthetized so that you will feel nothing. Post-operatively, we have found that most patients require only over-the-counter medication for pain control.
You’ll be able to get back to your normal routine by the next day.
- Will my insurance cover dental implant treatment? Most insurances will cover implant treatment. But, since an average implant procedure costs about $4,500 and most dental insurances cap their maximum coverage at around $1,500, there will be out-of-pocket costs.
Are dental implants worth the investment of your money? Are they cost-effective? Definitely! They markedly improve the quality of your life now and protect you from additional dental costs down the road.
We accept all major credit cards and can help arrange interest-free payments, up to 18 months, through CareCredit.
- Do implants last longer than a bridge?
Yes, normally, implants do last longer than bridges. The titanium post that integrates within the jawbone should last for the rest of your life – with proper care. The dental crown that tops the implant has the normal life cycle of a crown, and because of chips or cracks, may need to be updated.
The best way to protect your investment is to follow a good oral hygiene routine at home, avoid eating foods that could damage your crown restoration, and keep your regularly scheduled maintenance appointments with our dental office. We want to help you get the most out of your dental implants from our Columbia, SC office and to be able to enjoy them for decades!