Thankfully, gone are the days when the only choice for straightening crooked teeth was traditional metal braces. In Columbia SC, Dr. Griffin also offers a much more modern orthodontic solution in the form of Invisalign. What is it about Invisalign that makes it a patient favorite when considering getting teeth straightened? Here’s 5 reasons to choose Invisalign over Braces Columbia SC Dentist
1. Advanced comfort—There are no metal brackets or harsh wires. Invisalign straightens your teeth using a custom-made series of plastic aligners created specifically for you and your dental needs.
2. Discreet treatment—Aligner trays made of virtually invisible plastic are simply worn over your teeth, and replaced with new ones every 2 weeks or so. These gradually move your teeth into the optimal position, but because they are so thin and clear, virtually everyone will be unaware that you’re getting your teeth straightened.
3. Rapid alignment—Desired results are achieved after only 6-12 months of treatment. That’s many fewer months than with traditional braces.
4. Improved hygiene—Unlike metal braces, Invisalign aligners are simply worn over the teeth. These can be conveniently removed during eating, brushing and flossing, which allows for better care of teeth and gums during the treatment period.
5. The cost—With all its added benefits for the patient, Invisalign is comparable in cost to traditional braces and many dental insurance plans cover Invisalign in the same manner as braces.
For assistance with straightening crooked, crowded, uneven or asymmetrical teeth, contact Dr. Griffin at WildeWood Aesthetic Dentistry today. You can get further information to see if this break-through in conventional orthodontics is right for you. Preferred by most in comparison to braces, Columbia SC residents will be sure to smile with the option of Invisalign.