When it comes to addressing tooth loss, dental implants have grown in popularity over the years. Perhaps, though, there’s one factor that’s holding you back from choosing this highly-effective dental procedure—the cost in comparison to other traditional solutions.
The Dental Implant Dilemma
A dental implant involves surgically placing a titanium screw in the jawbone, and then attaching a specially designed crown to the post. The result is a completely natural looking tooth that can last for decades. In general, most people are under the assumption that implant treatments are more expensive than alternative methods of tooth replacement, such as bridges and dentures.
Although dental implants can carry a higher initial cost in comparison to other solutions, have you ever considered the long-term effects? Recent findings reveal that dental implants are actually much more cost-effective than they’re often credited for.
Counting the Cost
Fourteen different studies taken between 2000-2010 were compiled in the findings, focusing on the long term costs of various tooth-replacement options. The consensus from the study was that:
- For single-tooth replacement, implant-based solutions were generally cost-saving or cost-effective in comparison with traditional tooth-borne prostheses (bridges).
- The cost of implants is initially higher than full dentures when multiple teeth need to be replaced, but in the long term, they have fewer ongoing costs associated with the procedure.
- Patient acceptance, satisfaction, and willingness to pay for dental implants were high, particularly among the elderly.
- Implant recipients reported an overall improvement in oral-health-related quality of life, and decreased health care costs.
Why the Superior Choice?
1) Are more effective in limiting jawbone deterioration and shrinkage of gums caused by tooth loss.
2) Don’t require grinding down the two adjacent teeth, and therefore don’t increase their vulnerability to future decay, nerve damage, and the need for a root canal.
3) Are securely attached and don’t slip when talking or eating, and don’t require any special attention.
4) Can last a lifetime without the need for extensive future repairs, replacements, and procedures.
5) Are a cost-effective solution for addressing tooth loss.
Contact us today to discover how dental implants can help you achieve a gorgeous, healthy looking smile that you can enjoy for a lifetime. Remember, for easy & comfortable Columbia, SC cosmetic dentistry, Dr. Justin Griffin is the preferred dentist with years of expertise.
Share with us: Do you take better care of your teeth as you’re getting older?