Dental crowns are a highly popular, effective solution able to resolve a variety of smile-issues. Commonly referred to as a cap, a crown is a dental restoration with a design meant to protectively cover or encircle a tooth (or a new dental implant) to prevent it from further damage. It can restore a tooth’s shape, size, strength, and enhance its aesthetic appeal.
When Crowns Save the Day
Consider some dental scenarios where your premier dentist may recommend implementing a crown.
- Securing a dental bridge in proper position.
- To hold together and strengthen a tooth that is cracked, or structurally weakened by a large filling.
- Enhancing the appearance of badly stained or misshapen teeth.
- To restore the appearance and strength of teeth that are fractured, broken or severely worn.
- To fortify the tooth against fracturing after a root canal.
- Acting as the replacement tooth attached to a dental implant.
Crowns Fit for a King
We make it our priority to ensure that your crown will fit perfectly, provide functionality, look completely natural, and keep you smiling proudly. By creating a restoration that blends naturally with the rest of your teeth, no one will guess the extent of your dental work.
It’s a simple matter to brush, floss, and care for a dental crown just like you would your natural teeth, while reaping the benefits of a smile fit for a king!
Crowns can open the door for you to eat, talk, and laugh without discomfort, pain or feeling self-conscious about the appearance of your teeth. Book your crowns appointment in Columbia, SC, with us today and give your teeth something to smile about for years to come.