At WildeWood Aesthetic Dentistry in Columbia, SC we are visited by patients every week who are puzzled that they are encountering problems with their oral health. They feel that they have done more than enough to prevent cavities or problems with their gums. But if the truth were known, these dental issues are more often than not due to a lack of good oral hygiene. Many of these complications are highly preventable. For the most part, it is a just matter of having a good oral routine such as:
1. Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, especially before you go to bed.
2. Once a day, remove debris between your teeth through flossing or with another interdental cleaner. If you don’t, you are failing to clean one-third of your tooth surface.
3. Change your toothbrush every three to four months, or more often if necessary, depending on wear and tear on the toothbrush bristles.
4. Only use dental products that are approved by the American Dental Association.
5. Schedule regular visits to the dentist for check-ups and professional cleaning. On average, this should be done every 6 months, or sooner if required.
Your teeth should last you a lifetime, and they will if you care for them properly. If you are having concerns about your oral health, or if it is time for you to schedule your next check-up, please feel free to contact us today at WildeWood Aesthetic Dentistry in Columbia, SC. We can assist you in making the time for good oral hygiene.